Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Markarth

Stone beds? STONE BEDS? Are you kidding me, people of Markarth? Stone beds? Really? I have trouble sleeping on my mattress, and it's got more lumps in it than a sack of fucking pototoes. You'd expect, after renting a room for 10 gold, that you'd get something better than a stone bed. Fuck.

Fuck.


At any rate, today I visited Markarth. What a shitpile. Probably the only city where, in the course of 24 hours, you can manage to start a murder mystery, end up in jail, shank someone, and help spark a rebellion. Fucked up, right?

So as I walk into Markarth for the first time, I watch this murder go down. Everyone is in shock, people scream, et cetera, et cetera, and the guards just shut them all up and go about their business. Whatever, I've seen worse. Some guy decides to talk to me after it's all done and hands me a note, going all,

"Hey, I think you dropped this, hurr."

Subtle. Real subtle. So I meet this guy at the Shrine to Talos and he starts talking all this crazy paranoid jibberish.

"So my daddy got stabbed, durr, by these forsworn, hurr, when I was a kid and now I's sad."

So off I go on this trail of shit through the city, trying to find out who did what and where it got done and why, and what do you know, it lands me in this shitty situtation:

Framed. This blows.

At any rate, they throw me in some mining prison, where I'm forced to shank a bitch and get this crazy guy to help everyone escape.

So I'm like, sure, let's get the fuck out of here, and to my surprise, this shit goes down:

Really?

I don't think I'll be visiting Markarth again.

No comments:

Post a Comment