Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Introduction

So, for starters, I wanted to apologize to any readers for taking such a long break from posts here. With Thanksgiving, Black Friday, the GWAR show I went to and consistantly working late, I've had very little time to devote to both playing Skyrim and writing up blogs. In the future, I hope to avoid having this happen.



Welcome! This is going to finally be the blog's official introduction to the intertubes.

Obviously, many of you have already figured out the idea of this blog. I type up pants-on-head retarded things that happen to me in game, and you laugh. It's a farily simple equation, one that I hope to continue on for some time.

The Elder Scrolls are somewhat new to me as a series. I've only been playing since Oblivion, and even then, I got into the game pretty late after it's release. Both expansion packs and all the DLC for the game had been out for a bit by the time I got around to playing (Probably sometime in early 2009). Oblivion was a game I got sucked into, probably like most of you did, and something I spent more time than I'd like to admit playing. Naturally, when I heard about Skyrim coming out, I was very excited, so it made perfect sense when I pre-ordered it more than a year in advance...

I'm currently playing a level 24 Imperial character who has a pretty big focus on Two-Handed weapons, Heavy Armor, Destruction and Restoration magic, and has a decent rating in Archery (Fucking Dragons). At the point that I'm writing this, I've put about 40 hours of play overall into the game, and I'd guess that I'm a little more than halfway done the main storyline.

Personally, I'm a 20 year-old PC enthusiast who is obsessed with Warhammer and watching Law and Order. (For those that care, I currently play three armies in 40k- Blood Angels, Tyranids, and a Codex Marine force; and two in Fantasy- Warriors of Chaos and The Empire.) So if you're ever interested in discussing either of those two things, I'm all ears. I play a shitload of shooters, RPG's, and the occasional MMO (Guild Wars) in addition to TES:V Skyrim. But mostly, I just play Skyrim.

Holy shit I'm awesome.

The plan from here is to have anywhere from 1-3 posts in any given week. It's something I'm going to consistantly work on so that all of you have something to laugh at and enjoy once in a while.

That pretty much sums up everything I aim to complete with this blog and a little about me, so let's get on with the contact info!


STEAM ID: markhilferty
XBL: K4mpf3r 9
AIM: K4mpf3r X
Email: storiesfromskyrim@gmail.com

ENTER EPIC SLEW OF PICTURES FROM THE WEEK!

Fucking dog.

DIE, FUCKER!

It's like a hockey face-off, only he's a lot bigger.

Can anyone explain what the FUCK this is?

Badassatude? Badassatude.

RRRRRRREAAAAAGGGHHHH. Like he said.

Yep.

As you can see, I did quite a bit of dragon-slaying this week.
Until next time!





OH! I'm going to be doing a fan-based post sometime soon, so feel free to send in what stupid things you've been up to in-game! Easiest way to get a hold of me is on Steam, email, or AIM. GO FORTH, MY MINIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment